Curriculum Evaluation and Evaluation Reports
- Stockley, D., Balkwill, L., & Hoessler, C. (2016). Leaving the nest: The evolution of CHRPP (the Course of Human Participant Protection). Canadian Journal of Learning and Technology, 42(1). Available at: http://www.cjlt.ca/index.php/cjlt/article/view/905 (CC-BY)
- Hoessler, C., Godden, L., & Hoessler, B. (2015). Widening our evaluative lenses of formal, facilitated, and spontaneous academic development. International Journal for Academic Development, 20 (3), 224 – 237. doi: 10.1080/1360144X.2015.1048515.
- King, M., & Hoessler, C. (2011). Home. In J. G. Freeman, M. King, & W. Pickett with W. Craig, F. Elgar, I Janssen, & D. Klinger. The health of Canada’s young people: A mental health focus (pp. 29-46). Public Health Agency of Canada.
- Hoessler, C., Britnell, J., & Stockley, D. (2010). Assessing the impact of educational development through the lens of the scholarship of teaching and learning. In J. McDonald, & D. Stockley (Eds.), Pathways to the profession of educational development (pp. 81-89). New Directions for Teaching and Learning, No. 122. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/tl.400/full
Collaborating on Research on Teaching (SoTL)
- Harmin, M., Barrett, M.J., & Hoessler, C. (2016) Stretching the boundaries of transformative sustainability learning: On the importance of decolonizing ways of knowing and relations with the more-than-human. Environmental Education Research (CEER). Online. doi: 10.1080/13504622.2016.1263279 http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13504622.2016.1263279.
- Gula, T., Hoessler, C., & Maciejewski, W. (2015). Seeking mathematics success for college students: a randomized field trial of an adapted approach. International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology. doi:10.1080/0020739X.2015.1029026
- Matthews, A., Hoessler, C., Jonker, L., & Stockley, D. (2013). Academic motivation in calculus. Canadian Journal for Science, Mathematics, and Technology Education, 13, 1-17. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/14926156.2013.758328
Educational Development Practice, Research, and Evaluation
- (NEW) West, K., Hoessler, C., Bennetch, R., Ewert-Bauer, T., Wilson, M., Beaudoin, J.-P., Ellis, D. E., Brown, V. M., Timmermans, J. A., Verwoord, R., & Kenny, N. A. (2017). Educational Development Guide Series: No. 2. Rapport-Building for Educational Developers. Ottawa, ON: Educational Developers Caucus. Open Access: https://www.stlhe.ca/affiliated-groups/educational-developers-caucus/guides/
- Kenny, N., Popovic, C., McSweeney, J., Knorr, K., Hoessler, C., Hall, S., Fujita, N., & El Khoury, E. (2017). Drawing on the principles of SoTL to illuminate a path forward for the Scholarship of Educational Development. The Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 8 (2) http://ir.lib.uwo.ca/cjsotl_rcacea/vol8/iss2/10/
- Stockley, D., McDonald J., & Hoessler, C. (2015). Nudges, pulls, and serendipity: Multiple pathways to faculty development. Journal of Faculty Development, 29(3), 61-68(8). www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/nfp/jfd/2015/00000029/00000003/art00007
Successful Graduate Student Development
- Hoessler, C., Kinderman, L., Hussain, A., & Horsburgh, A. (2016). Surviving and Thriving: Recommendations for Graduate Student Teachers from Colleagues Further Along the Path. Transformative Dialogues, 9(2). Available at:
- www.kpu.ca/sites/default/files/Transformative Dialogues/TD.9.2.11_Hoessler_etal_Recommendations_for_Surviving&Thriving.pdf
- Hoessler, C., & Stockley, D. (2016). How graduate students are supported In their teaching: What the literatures does and does not tell us. Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education, 8(2), 146- 158. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/JARHE-10-2014-0102
- Hoessler, C., & Godden, L. (2015). The visioning of policy and the hope of implementation: Support for graduate students’ teaching at a Canadian institution. Canadian Journal of Higher Education, 45 (1), 83 – 101. http://journals.sfu.ca/cjhe/index.php/cjhe/article/viewFile/184210/pdf
- Hoessler, C., & West, K. (2014). How am I doing?: Formative feedback for graduate students learning to teach. Transformative Dialogues: Teaching & Learning Journal, 7(2). Open Access: http://www.kpu.ca/sites/default/files/Transformative%20Dialogues/TD.7.2.5_Hoessler%26West_How_am_I_Doing.pdf
Social Cognition Research
- Hoessler, C., & Chasteen, A. (2007). Does aging affect the use of shifting standards? Experimental Aging Research, 34(1), 1-12. doi: 10.1080/03610730701525428 http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/03610730701525428